You thought I wasn't going to post today, didn't you? Well you were wrong. I overslept this morning and didn't have time for coffee, breakfast or blogging. Then I realized 10 miles from home and midway through my commute that I had forgotten my wallet and couldn't buy coffee. I decided to feel blessed that I sleep in such a comfortable bed and am accustomed to having access to enough money to meet my needs.
Yes, of course coffee is a need. Don't be ridiculous.
Blogging about my work from last night had to wait until Norie went to bed tonight. Don't worry, I already finished my Day 4, but I'll wait until tomorrow to tell you about that one. Technically I'm cheating a bit on my 25 Things plan, but I'm okay with that since I'm cheating by using a project I got mostly done several days ago. I'm considering it over achieving since I've been meaning to work on one for years and I finally did. It's my fall mantel.
Every year there is a series of "It's Fall Y'all" Autumn Link Parties thrown by some of my favorite bloggers and one of the parties is about fall mantels. I've never had my mantel together to share one the day of the link party, but I thought I just might make it that year.
Yeah, that one. It was on Sept. 25th. I didn't quite make it. I did, however, finish my mantel for the first time ever (well, except for the writing on the DIY Chalkboard part).
This picture from the very first Whatever Craft Weekend was my inspiration.
|Source: Whatever, http://megduerksen.typepad.com|
I just noticed my version is lacking the white framed mirrors and I might have to do something about that. It has all the things I loved about the original though. I arranged some of the silk flowers I still have from our wedding with a fall arrangement I got last year and put them in vases I already had around the house. Austin sent me flowers in the striped vase way back in 2005. I added some fresh pumpkins (they might just be from the farm I worked on as a teenager) and hung a strand of paper bunting on sisal rope from the same nails we used for the bunting at the baby shower.
Can you tell bunting makes me really happy?
It's too late to add it to the fall mantel link party at Centsational Girl, but it makes me super happy every time I look at it.
Day 3 of my 25 Things plan and still going strong.
1. Buy a bracket and rehang the blinds in the bedroom
2. Plant the mum by friend Nancy gave me
3. Write something on my DIY Chalkboard
5. Take Norie's four month pictures before she's five months old
6. Finish the wedding plate wall art
8. Build a pallet bar/wall art to cover up the attic fan switch
9. Make a DIY ribbon chandelier for Norie's room
10. Do something with the shutters my aunt got me last year
11. Put the label plates back on the enormous drawer thing and label the drawers
12. Finish the wall art I started for the Song print I got for donating to Love Without Boundaries
13. Finish my desk
14. Finish the table scape for Campbell Family Thanksgiving 2012
15. Hang the awesome owl latch hook my sister gave me at Norie's baby shower
16. Clean up the porch
18. Fix the leg on the coffee table and finish repainting it
19. Sell the coffee and end tables
20. Make a coffee table
21. Create a gift wrapping/gift wrap organizing space
22. Start working on fun holiday decorations
23. Finish the other Dream Dollhouse from last year's Make Two Challenge
24. Make some DIY cake stands from wedding plates and candlesticks.
25. Make map mats for vacation photos