Friday, October 19, 2012

Faith

When I was in high school I had this book. I called it "Book." Not "my book," not "the book I write everything in," but "Book." It was it's name. It had everything in it. It had my schedule, my assignments, my thoughts on life. It was one of those composition books you could buy for like 97 cents back in the day. It was covered in stickers and drawings and had the dates written in French. I still have it somewhere. On the back it said,

Faith is not belief without proof,
but trust without reservation.

That's the kind of faith I have. I know it sounds a little crazy, but here's the thing. When you trust without reservation that there is some higher order to the world and that power is beneficent, life is your proof.

Some major stuff has been happening in my life this week. Some people would call it bad, but I've had this consistent and overwhelming sense that it's moving me in the right direction. Things are just falling into place. I'm randomly running into people at just the right time. I need a newspaper and a friend of mine randomly gets an extra copy on the same day. There is a path to the whole thing and I can't wait to see where it takes me.

And no. I didn't do jack on my 25 Things plan last night. I spent it working on some other, more important projects that came up. I have big plans for this weekend though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...