I worked on one of the projects from my list yesterday and actually finished it. Woo fricking hoo!!!!
Maybe it's sad how excited I am about such a little thing, but your ability to find joy in the little things is what determines whether your life is super fun or super boring. I choose to have a great time. :)
I took five minutes to pretty up my pin board a bit while I was at it. An attractive work space is really important to my mood and my productivity so it's totally legit.
Since I had already made some paper bunting for my fall mantel I just whipped this out from the leftovers I had precut (I thought I estimated how many triangles I would need pretty well, but I was off by about a third. Whoops.)
Want to know how to make your own awesome paper bunting? Read this post by Mel over at Adventuroo. I cut my paper into 4"x12" rectangles so the individual triangles would be skinnier and I skipped the letters. I stuck them to some sisal rope instead of ribbon because I like the texture it gives, but otherwise I did it just like she did.
There you have it. Day 1 of my 25 Things plan accomplished.
1. Buy a bracket and rehang the blinds in the bedroom
2. Plant the mum by friend Nancy gave me
3. Write something on my DIY Chalkboard
4. Finish my fall mantel
5. Take Norie's four month pictures before she's five months old
6. Finish the wedding plate wall art
8. Build a pallet bar/wall art to cover up the attic fan switch
9. Make a DIY ribbon chandelier for Norie's room
10. Do something with the shutters my aunt got me last year
11. Put the label plates back on the enormous drawer thing and label the drawers
12. Finish the wall art I started for the Song print I got for donating to Love Without Boundaries
13. Finish my desk
14. Finish the table scape for Campbell Family Thanksgiving 2012
15. Hang the awesome owl latch hook my sister gave me at Norie's baby shower
16. Clean up the porch
17. Finish the October page in my pregnancy scrapbook (yes, that would be last October)
18. Fix the leg on the coffee table and finish repainting it
19. Sell the coffee and end tables
20. Make a coffee table
21. Create a gift wrapping/gift wrap organizing space
22. Start working on fun holiday decorations
23. Finish the other Dream Dollhouse from last year's Make Two Challenge
24. Make some DIY cake stands from wedding plates and candlesticks.
25. Make map mats for vacation photos