Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Moderation in All Things

I try to live my life by the motto, "Moderation in all things, including moderation."

This morning when a couple of boxes of doughnuts showed up in the lounge with a sign that read FREE in front of them I weighed my options. Doughnuts aren't something I eat every day. I mean, I'm the kind of person that gets perfect stats on their health assessment.

No really. I did. I went yesterday and every single number was in the optimal range. The guy even had to look up a formula for calculating my LDL because my triglycerides were lower than the range that works in the machine's formula.

I'm crediting my moderation mentality.

But back to those doughnuts. I saw them and thought of this page from my Illustrated Discovery Journal.


Doughnuts are the sort of little indulgence that makes life fun. I had a chocolate glazed one with a vanilla pudding center. It was out of this world good. I'd have taken a picture, but I devoured it before I thought about it.

I went back after lunch and there was a whole box left. It took every bit of self control I had not to have another.

There you go.

Moderation.

Eat well in general and have a chocolate covered doughnut every once in a while. Just don't eat two.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The part that makes me feel okay about eating a chocolate doughnut or the part that keeps me from eating two? :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...