Tuesday, September 11, 2012

It's a Bag Decision

It's over.

She's treated me well and we've had a good run, but I think its finally time to call it quits with my bag.Even after some instagram editing love she's looking pretty sad. Lest you think I'm giving up on her too soon, she's already been repaired a couple of times and I'm positive even the shoe repair guy who patches her up thinks it's time to move on.


I think it's a good thing. She's more of a reflection of who I thought I was three years ago than of who I am now. I'm really happy that I know that.

I need to find a new bag. My basic criteria are that it need to function as both a laptop bag and a diaper bag and I'd like to have something handmade so I know I'm supporting someone like myself who wants to make a living doing something aweomely creative. Other than that I'm pretty open. Or at least I thought I was until I started looking at the bags I've been mulling over for a while and I want your input.

There was this one from Tippy Thai. I promised to buy it for myself when I finished my dissertation, but never did. It's 12.5"x12"x4" and costs $39.00 plus shipping. Since they custom make each one I think I would get it with a brown interior to match my current inner laptop  bag and large enough to fit my laptop. The listing says small size increases are free, but I'm not sure something in the range of 16"x14"x4" would be. I sent a message to check.

Source: Tippy Thai on Etsy
Then there was this beyond happy one the Meg recommended from The Pleated Poppy. It's 21"x11"x4" sells for $85.00 with free shipping, but is sold out as a result of crazy demand. I might be worth waiting for though. I sent a message asking when another would be available.

Source; The Pleated Poppy, shop.thepleatedpoppy.com

I went searching for another chevron bag and found this fabulous one from BagEnvy. I can pick the fabric and the accent color so I could have one that's chartreuse if I want, but I kind of dig the yellow. and I'd see if I can get it with a brown accent/interior. The large is 16-18"x14"x4" and sells for $85 plus shipping.

Source: Bag Envy Handbags, www.etsy.com/shop/BagEnvy
While I was perusing BagEnvy I found this little number. It's totally not what I would usually go for, but there's something I like about it. Same bag, same price, cherry blossom fabric.

Source: Bag Envy Handbags, www.etsy.com/shop/BagEnvy

So what do you think? In the process of writing I think I made up my mind, but maybe not. Input is welcome.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...