Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Look At Me. I COMPROMISED!

I did. For reals. Well, in theory, technically, but I did and I feel pretty darn good about myself.

I know this might be a thing that other married people do all the time, but I don't, or haven't very well in the past. I'm actually kind of a closet decorating sociopath.

No really. I know you think I'm this sweet wonderful person who is bubbly and perky and cheery. Turns out if you actually have to share a house with me that all goes out the figurative window. I have a habit of only asking my husband's opinion when I think I'll like it and then ignoring it if I don't OR I just don't ask because I know we won't agree and I do what I want. Then I just act like I had no idea he would hate it.

What?!? You don't think we should paint the new dining chairs I found at a garage sale and bought without consulting you yellow?!? You're not a fan of aqua chevron?!? Did you not see this pin?


Because we both know those chairs are AMAZING!!! No, you don't want happy rainbow colored chairs?!? Why not?

For reals (is this my phrase of the day or something?). 

I even have myself convince sometimes that I'm not being conniving.But I'm turning over a new leaf. I'm actually going to act like my husband is a person who I love and whose opinions matter. I know, this should be a given, but it hasn't been in the past and I need to rectify it. Thank you for putting up with my crazy for so long, Babe. Lesser men would have bailed out by now. :)

We had a big talk about this a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty sure he thought it was probably all talk just like it has been every time before when I said I was going to take his opinions into consideration before doing things to the house without asking. Something must have made him think I actually meant it this time because yesterday he sent a link to this AirStone Veneer stuff.
It was pretty, but since we hadn't talked about putting stone veneer on anything lately I wasn't really sure why. When I asked where he wanted to put it he told me in the kitchen.

My previous mental response would have been, "Say what?!? Once again, I don't think you've been following my Kitchen board on Pinterest very well recently because we are clearly planning on white subway tile."

Instead, I started searching for images where people had actually used it in kitchens. And guess what? People actually have and it actually looks good. 

I sent him this one because the comment really cracked me up.



True story. I want something a little lighter than this and I'm still partial to the subway tile natural stone versions like this one


but, I'm considering it a major victory in the fight to work together on decorating.

7 comments:

  1. ME TOO!!! But Austin doesn't so much. I don't really know why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the table and chairs too!! I'll ask Aaron's opinion but it is usually ends up being what I want since he really doesn't care at all. As long as he acts like he cares when I talk to him, I actually don't mind that he doesn't really care since that means I get to do what I want. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent YEARS wishing Austin didn't care. My dad didn't so my model was pretty much the woman gets to do whatever she wants. Not so much in my household. I mean, I can do whatever I want, but he has opinions so it's way better if I ask about them. I just figured out that it isn't that he doesn't like working on the house; it's that he doesn't like working on crazy girly projects he would rather not have in his house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see some office tables designs.
    Büromöbel münchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chairs are so classy and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Benjamin who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin granted me loan without delay. Here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...