Monday, April 2, 2012

Another Round of Weekend Projects

I worked on another round of projects this weekend. And once again I failed to take the time to take good pictures (these are the ones I sent to my mom from my phone) or write posts. I really must work on that. I swear I'll write actual posts on all these projects in the near future I'm just so busy trying to get them done.


Friday evening: 

Figured out that I could put the awesome bed frame my parent's gave me for my birthday last year around the box spring of the bed in the guest room. The frame was obviously built for a something other than the super deep pillowtop mattress we have on it. Previous to this realization it was hilariously, Princess and the Pea high, then on a cheap frame with the head and foot boards stored underneath.


 Saturday:
  • Finish replacing the drawer pulls on the cabinet I repainted and distressed this week. I love mustard yellow. Austin says I'm obsessed with it at the moment.


  • Cut the remaining piece of 3/4" plywood on the porch into the pieces for a nightstand.
  • Finish painting the shelves for the nursery

Sunday: 
  • Hang the shelves we made two weeks ago for the nursery, but I just finished painting. 
  • Build a night stand to match the lone one we have. I picked up the original at a nursing home "yard" sale for $4. I made this one from scrap, but I spent $14 on VOC free paint. I suppose $18 for the pair isn't bad. It needs to be sanded and painted, but it will be done this week if I have any say about it.

This week:

Austin's big party is coming up soon and I still need to get a lot done to be ready. Hopefully I'll 
  • finish sanding the dollhouse in the background above
  • give it a coat of boiled linseed oil
  • spread out the grass seed and fertilizer we bought last fall
  • change the paint color on the owl dresser I failed to post about after last weekend's projects
  • finish a piece of wall art for the dining room
  • maybe, just maybe, bust out that pallet shelf for the dining room 
  • finish up one other awesome project Austin agreed to and clean up the front porch
That sounds like a lot. Lets hope it goes fast or some will end up in next weekend's lineup.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like a lot but at least it sounds like you've got a helpful hubby! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's super helpful especially now that I'm getting super round and have to give in and let him help me. :) Usually I'm way too independent to let him do anything that I could derive a sense of accomplishment from. I'm learning though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...