Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pink Gooseberry Pyrex

A couple of days ago my sister-in-law sent me an email with a link to this post by The Acorn Achive about Pyrex.

This one stopped me in my tracks.


Mental conversation with myself:

They made Pyrex in pink with a gooseberry print?

How could I have lived all my life up to now without knowing this?

This is the most beautiful Pyrex ever in the history of time.
 
It is fabulous and wonderful and reminds me of my grandmother.

A mad search of Etsy returned this glorious, amazing, wonderful bowl.

Pyrex Pink Gooseberry 444 Cinderella Mixing Bowl 4 Quart Qt, theRecylceista, $22

It's bright and pink and perfect in every way.

It's also $22 plus $13 shipping. My grandmother would never approve of a $35 bowl, especially when I own at least three that large already and I have absolutely no use for it unless I can come up with a need to simultaneously use the three I have and still need another one. Maybe I can start baking large quantities of bread all at once?

I also found these fab dish towels

Tea Towel: Vintage Pyrex Pink Gooseberry, Cinderella Bowls-Screen Printed White Cotton -- Soft, Lint Free, Awesome, freshpastrystand, $10

I really like that the description ends with "Awesome." I was meant to own them, but I just destroy tea towels whenever they are in my possession.

I don't think I"ll purchase either, but I have added brightly colored vintage Pyrex to my list of continual thrifting objectives and if you see the pink gooseberry one let me know. :)

1 comment:

  1. We had the snowflake plates growing up. :) Fond memories. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...