Monday, August 22, 2011

A life coach is like a facilitator for discussions with yourself.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't posted in a while. Two months and two days to be exact.

I'm not really sure why that is. It could have something to do with my job. I do spend the whole day staring at a computer screen.

Or it could be that I want to make the most of the time I have with Austin. Now that I have this job we have the same time off work so I would have to give up Austin time for blog time. I assure you that typing is less fun regardless of how quippy I am that day.

*REALIZATION: Lunch is Austin-less and at least theoretically work-free. It's the perfect time to blog.*

Or maybe it's something else entirely. I'm not really sure, but I think its time for me to get back at it.

Does this post have anything to do with my life coach?

Excellent question.

It does. Last Tuesday I spent the day in a facilitated discussion for my job and that evening I worked with my coach. I realized they were doing the same thing; helping me to have a more productive conversation.

Jessie just helps me do that in conversations with myself. An impressive talent really. *SIDENOTE: Jessie has shifted to focusing on helping woman become the women of their dreams and find the loves of their lives, but she's still my coach*

As a result of our discussion I'm working on Connection for the next week. When I originally included it in my core values I meant connections with friends and family. This week I mean the interconnection of all the different aspects of my life.  I mean everything.

Not just all the different things I want to do with my life, but all the parts of my life. Actively integrating all the parts of who I am and what I love into my daily life. As in creating the German Jello Salad of my existence.*Epiphany*

Clearly, my blog is about doing that. Hence, I'll be writing daily for at least the next week. Now let's hope for your sake some interesting stuff occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...