Friday, December 7, 2012

He just gets me

It's been a week since my last post. There have been some stomach virus and/or food allergy issues in my household that have put all nonessential activities on the back burner.

Luckily, last night Norie ate nothing but wheat cereal (rice is on the list of potential food allergies) and breast milk and slept for 7 solid hours. I'm refreshed and awake and ready to do productive things like post to my blog.

That counts as productivity, right?

Anyways, the point of my post is that my husband just gets me. He understands exactly who I am and must love me for it. I don't give him enough credit for that. Don't get me wrong, he loves to get me all riled up and generally does at least once a day, but I think that's because he realizes I need to be challenged. I would get bored otherwise.

So what brought on this heightened sense of  appreciation for my mate?

He bought me multi-colored Christmas lights.

He bought them several years ago, before I had important realizations about what my style really is.

He bought them when I responded with a, "Thanks, babe" that made it clear that while I appreciated the effort I thought white lights were better. I didn't even put them on the tree. I got white ones instead and pretended the boxes of multi-colored ones weren't there. Ouch, right? What can I say, directness about stuff like this is not my strong suit. (Sidenote: my brain just made a portmanteau of "strong suit" and "forte" which lead to me originally typing "forsuit.")

So now that I know what I actually like and I'm going with it those same lights are on the tree soon to be followed by some sweet rainbow colored ornaments I got off Craigslist. If Norie decides to sleep again tonight I just might have the tree decorated by the end of the night. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...