Friday, August 3, 2012

My 10k Training: Brew 2 Shoe

It didn't go well.

And by "didn't go well" I mean it didn't happen. I completed a total of four workouts (8 if you include rest days) before I succumbed to an injury resulting from my own stupidity.

For the record, you cannot go a year without running and expect to bust out a couple miles in your barefoot running shoes without forming what feels like a deep tissue bruise on your heel. Well, maybe you can, but I can't. A lack of running will not prevent you from going back to poor running form. 

After that the 100 degree heat gave me an excuse and I gave up on the idea. No Brew 2 Shoe for me this year. That's three years in a row I planned to and didn't train for it. I'll be there though.



I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred instead. I was planning to do everyday from when Norie was two months old until she was three months, but I fall prey to the couch some evenings and I've completed five workouts so far. I think my body is getting with the program though. I wore pants with a button twice this week. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...