Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's the little things...

The little things in life are the most important. Saying thank you, doing nice things for others, and remembering people, even if it's just their face and not their name.

Why this realization? Some very special people made it apparent to me.

My undergraduate student worker, Hilary, asked  me to write her a reference letter. In the email she sent me with the information I needed to write that letter she said "Thank you!" 88 times. Was I more motivated to write that reference than if she only said it once? Hell yes I was. 

My husband, Austin, does nice stuff for me all the time, but sometime I remember to appreciate it more than others. He makes my coffee and it is awesome. Is it possible that it really tastes better when he makes it? Like how carrots actually taste better if you cut them diagonally? Maybe it's the extra love he puts in it. He also found my journal this morning. How did I get to be so spoiled? I'm not sure, but I'm not going to question it.

And then I was walking across campus this morning and ran into a guy I had a class with in 2004. We're talking a large lecture seven years ago. And he remembered me. He didn't know my name, but he knew which class we had together and when. How is that even possible? I have no idea, but it made me feel really special.Thanks Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...