Thursday, January 27, 2011

Layla continues to find the best stuff for me.

I'm a little obsessed with The Lettered Cottage.

It is the one thing on the internet I read as religiously as I check my email. Like, I read it before I check Facebook.

Seriously.

I love almost everything she and her husband do with their home.

There's this one lamp I'm just not in love with, but that's it.

Nitpicky? Yes.

True? Also yes.

She finds the most amazing blogs for me to see. Like half of my illustrated discovery journal is pictures from blogs she has discovered for me.

I know what you're thinking.

Discovered for you?

Yes, discovered for me.

We have a personal relationship based entirely on the fact that I feel like she writes everything just for me. You can think I'm crazy, but Sam Calagione talks about something in Brewing Up a Business called the Ideal Customer (or reader in this case) which I'm pretty sure I am for her blog. Everything she writes and finds is for someone just like me and I love that. It makes me feel really inspired about my ability to connect with people even if I don't know them personally.

The inspiration for this rant is one of the nurseries she posted about a couple of days ago from Under the Sycamore. It's amazing. Everything in it has meaning and it's the girly-est room I'm ever seen. It's what I'm going for in my room. I'll post about it someday, I swear.

And the blog has the most unbelievably fabulous background.


UPDATE: SHE'S CHANGED THE BACKGROUND. SIGH. IT'S STILL LOVELY BUT NOT THE PATTERN I WAS OBSESSING ABOUT. IT USED TO LOOK LIKE THIS.

EVEN NEWER UPDATE: UNDER THE SYCAMORE HAS BEEN REVAMPED AGAIN THIS TIME WITH GLORIOUS ARTWORK FROM MISS KATIE DAISY. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT.

See?

If I could burn it onto my retinas I would. I'm in love with that pattern and must find a way to recreate it on something I will see every day. I'm thinking maybe the curtains in my room.


And the DIY Projects are amazing. At least the ones I've checked out are super easy and totally my style.

The words Shadow Box Vintage Kitchen Display set my heart on fire. And then there's the glorious photos she takes.

I'm in love. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...